- 300g chicken breast.
- 200g Bacon, lardons, or pancetta.
- 1 large leek
- 3 cloves of garlic (Because we love garlic!)
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 250g double cream
- 100g Tagliatelle
- Olive Oil
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|15 minutes||20 minutes||
- Add the tagliatelle to a large pan of salted boiling water for around 15 minutes (Al dente) or until the tagliatelle is cooked to your taste. Drain, wash with boiling water and set aside.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking:
- Cut the chicken into large chunks.
- Cut the bacon into strips.
- Top and tail the leek then chop into 1cm thick rings.
- Chop or crush the garlic.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and brown.
- Just before the chicken is ready add the bacon, pancetta or lardons.
- As the bacon starts to brown add in the leeks with an extra 1tsp of olive oil and soften.
- Once the leeks have softened add the salt, pepper, and garlic, simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add the double cream and 3tsps of Dijon mustard. Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens, on a very low heat being careful not to separate the cream.
- Combine the tagliatelle and the chicken, leek mix in the large pot. Serve in a bowl with cracked black pepper to garnish.
- Eat and Enjoy.