Christmas is a time for friends, family and of course, delicious food. As the festive season approaches, why not get creative in the kitchen and try some of the best Christmas recipes around? Here are our top 5 favourite Christmas recipes that are sure to make your holiday season even more special.
1. Roast Turkey with Cranberry and Sage Stuffing.
A classic Christmas dinner. Roast turkey with a delicious cranberry and sage stuffing is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Make sure to cook your turkey to perfection and serve with all the trimmings.
- 1 large turkey, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180ºC.
- Rub the turkey with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan and roast for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F/75ºC.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the onion, garlic, cranberries, sage, breadcrumbs, and chicken broth.
- Once the turkey is done, remove it from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 400°F/200ºC.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into the turkey cavity, then brush the melted butter over the outside of the turkey.
- Return the turkey to the oven and roast for an additional 30 minutes, or until the stuffing is golden brown.
- Allow the turkey to rest before carving and serving. Enjoy!
2. Christmas Pudding.
Perfect for those with a sweet tooth. Rich, dark and fruity Christmas pudding is a must-have in any festive feast. Top it off with a generous helping of brandy butter and you won’t be disappointed!
- 2/3 cup of raisins
- 2/3 cup of sultanas
- 2/3 cup of currants
- 2/3 cup of mixed peel
- 2/3 cup of soft dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup of self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup of melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon of mixed spice
- 2 tablespoons of brandy
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Grease a 2-litre pudding basin.
- In a large bowl, combine the raisins, sultanas, currants, mixed peel, sugar, breadcrumbs, flour, melted butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, mixed spice, brandy, milk, eggs, and almond extract. Mix together until all ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased pudding basin and cover with a lid. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the pudding from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with custard or cream. Enjoy!
3. Christmas Mince Pies.
A festive favourite. Rich, buttery mince pies are a must-have at any Christmas dinner. Serve them warm with a scoop of brandy cream for the ultimate indulgence.
- 350g Ready-made Shortcrust pastry
- 400g Mincemeat
- 2 tablespoons of Caster sugar
- 1 Egg, whisked - Icing sugar for dusting.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF/190ºC/Gas 5.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until it's about 3 mm thick.
- Using a 7cm round pastry cutter, cut out 24 circles, re-rolling the pastry as necessary.
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tin with butter, then press a pastry circle into each hole.
- Divide the mincemeat between the pastry cases.
- Cut 12 more circles with the pastry cutter and place on top of the mincemeat.
- Crimp the edges together with a fork, then brush the tops of the pies with the whisked egg and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
4. Roast Potatoes.
An absolute must-have. Roast potatoes are a classic accompaniment to any Christmas dinner. Make sure to season them with rosemary, garlic and thyme for an extra flavour boost.
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF/200ºC.
- Peel and cut potatoes into evenly sized cubes.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and add olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried herbs.
- Toss to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet on our Non-Stick Crisper Air Fryer Tray with Basket.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until golden and crispy.
5. Pigs in Blankets.
A delicious addition. Crispy bacon wrapped around succulent sausages – what’s not to love? Serve with your Christmas dinner or just as a festive snack – either way, pigs in blankets are sure to be a hit.
- 1 package of pre-made crescent rolls or biscuit dough
- 12-15 fully cooked breakfast sausages
- Preheat oven to 375ºF/190ºC.
- Open the crescent roll or biscuit dough and separate into individual triangles.
- Place one sausage on the wide end of each triangle and roll up.
- Place the pigs in blankets onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
So, there you have it – Home Icon’s top 5 favourite Christmas recipes. Whether you’re looking for the perfect dinner, dessert or snack, these recipes will definitely leave your guests feeling merry and bright. Enjoy, and stay tuned for the vegan edition coming soon!